Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Feed me and Tell me I'm Pretty


I don't know if it's because I'm an only child, that I when I was five I declared myself a princess, or just the fact that I'm a girl, but I am probably considered by most males to be high maintenance. Having a guy call you high maintenance is almost as bad as being called crazy because it's something that basically no guy wants to deal with. (Spoiler alert: guys are just as much as if not more high maintenance than girls.) I started thinking about this, and hold up. I am a diva when I'm hungry and I like nice things, but I am not high maintenance. I used to ride horses, high maintenance is a moody mare, not a sorority girl who likes shoes and bags and to hear that I'm pretty. 

Reflecting on my last relationship, I realized that I was actually pretty calm. I admit to throwing a bit of a tantrum at this guy now and then but if you met him you would TOTALLY understand. I also have this super adorable habit of turning into a complete bitch when I'm super hungry. I can't help it I have a fast metabolism and a low blood sugar. But overall I'm easy to deal with.

Being judged as high maintenance means a possibility of three things. One, you have standards, and they're more than just basic. You have high standards for yourself and expect everyone else to meet them, especially a guy you're with. Two, you're dating an asshole. Lazy guys don't want to put in the effort to woo you so rather than admit they suck, they'll say that you're high maintenance and ask for too much. Sorry I didn't realize a birthday present was a ridiculous expectation, I'm such a selfish bitch. Three, you may be high maintenance, but that just means you need to find a guy who can provide for all of your needs. 

I don't think any girl is actually truly high maintenance, I just think she's probably with a guy who would rather own a bike than a Ferrari. With a bike, you wash it with the hose and put air in the tires and boom it's all set. A Ferrari? Not so simple. But which would you rather have? Girls that are perceived as high maintenance are viewed as a liability, when in reality they are an investment. A quality woman is worth the time, energy, and extra mile to satisfy. She will exert the same amount of effort for you because she holds herself to the standard of excellence in all aspects of life, and that includes keeping the man in her life happy.

I'm not saying guys should dedicate their entire paycheck to buying us presents (they should save up some money for trips to nice places too) but a little thoughtfulness and extra effort go a long way. I have found that if I have high expectations for how I should be treated, the men worth my time will rise to meet them. An investment in a quality product reflects their taste for quality as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment