Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shoes, Booze, and Big Diamond Rings...



These are a few of my favorite things... And fraternity men. And where do they all come together? A wedding.

Every girl dreams about her big day. We have Pinterest boards with pins galore about everything from dresses and cakes to how to have your dog in your wedding. Obviously (or hopefully) must of us college gals are not at the stage of marching down the aisle. But a girl can dream, right? Yes, yes she can. And I often think about the one thing possibly more important than the wedding: the proposal.

Now, I'm all for being high class and demanding but honestly if the right guy comes along and we're crazily in love and happy I would be fine with a ring from a vending machine over a Yurman (that may be a stretch but you catch my drift). My point is, I want a real proposal. And in case the man I get engaged to is romantically challenged (which he won't be because I'm getting engaged to him) here are some requirements guidelines:

  1. You must ask my father's approval. We are doing this the old fashion way, he knows what's best for me and he always will. And if you're the best you will get the blessing.
  2. DO NOT propose at a sporting event, concert, etc. aka anything that would mean you and me on a jumbotron. If you do this, I WILL say no.
  3. Find someone to stealthily take a picture of my face when you pop the question. Make it a Pinterest worthy moment.
  4. Get down on one knee. This does not need an explanation.
Other than that you are free to do what you please. I promise I will not be some tacky bitch who puts a zillion pictures of my new ring on Instagram or posts gushy statuses about the engagement as long as you promise to make when we get engaged the second most romantic moment of our lives, right behind when we say "I do."



No comments:

Post a Comment